Mott MacDonald in the APNA region has been awarded several signature projects in the recent past. We have growing teams within each of three units that comprise our region and we are looking for a Finance manager for the East Asia unit with advanced financial and accounting skills to oversee all the activities of the region.
This role will be responsible for promoting best practices across the region for management reporting, working with Regional finance manager and the unit General Manager to deliver operational and financial objectives and driving financial performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
As a part of the finance team this role will be responsible for the overall management and governance as below:
- Working with Group Finance, Treasury and Tax Manager to achieve the Group’s objectives and enhance service delivery in financial reporting, treasury and tax.
- Monitor financial control environment for entities in the region and ensuring compliance with group systems, processes and procedures, Group financial policies, principles and controls by entities in the region.
- Lead and drive finance, treasury and tax initiatives and projects in the region, and will be main point of liaison with local team across the region.
- Manage the production and filing of statutory accounts, monthly schedules, quarterly reporting, and internal/external audit in the region – in timely manner and good standard.
- Formulate appropriate method and procedures for apportioning costs of APNA staff holding group/regional/unit function to various financial entities.
- Accountable for providing accurate & timely information and advice as follows:
- Best form of presence in different countries/circumstances (e.g rep office, branch, full financial entity)
- Cross-border trading, contracting entities, staff transfer arrangement – deputation, secondment etc
- Acceptable scope for region/unit management fee
- Coordinate and supervise the provision of tax services for entities in the region.
Key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Financial reporting
- credit management, taxation, treasury
- and internal controls in the East Asia Unit.
- Management and co-ordination of Country Accountants with active role in appointments, training and performance development.
- Preparation and evaluation of business plans and project proposals along with regional general manager
- Assessment of the financial aspects of contracts in order to facilitate invoicing and payments and to identify grounds for additional fees.
- Manage the production and interpretation of monthly management accounts for the Unit;
- Controlling financial performance by monitoring and improving project profitability, staff utilisation and overheads control, and cashflow management.
- Take ownership in working capital to ensure there is a proper understanding of capital employed with WIP billed and debts collected promptly.
- Regular meetings with Country Managers to assist in the review of projects, recognise corrective actions, identify claims for additional fees and changes to staff requirements.
- Coordinate finance training of engineers to enable them to understand and interpret financial information, ensuring accurate project budgeting and revenue recognition.
- Supervise the production of annual budgets and forecasts at country level, and consolidation through to Unit level.
- Manage production of statutory accounts and tax returns for each entity in the unit.
- Lead financial evaluation and due diligence of potential acquisition targets, strategic initiatives and complex trading arrangements.
- Conform and comply with project and country compliance with Group Directives including insurances, trade licenses and registrations as required.
- If you have the following skills we welcome your application and look forward to speak with you soon:
- Qualified accountant with 10 years + relevant experience.
- Strong analytical ability with effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence and work with senior management and team members alike
- Practical & flexible approach with experience of managing a finance team.
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with accounting system software.
- Attention to details and proactive.
- Able to delegate/give clear direction.