ICAEW Business and Finance Professional
What is BFP?
Demonstrate your commitment to professionalism and development
Gain access to development resources
Add the BFP letters to your name
Professional recognition from ICAEW
Keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date
Become more employable and progress in your career
What are the requirements?
The BFP designation combines technical knowledge with work experience and an understanding of ethics. There are three requirements you have to meet to become an ICAEW Business and Finance Professional (BFP):
• ICAEW CFAB
The ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (ICAEW CFAB) is an internationally recognised qualification comprised of six modules covering the essentials in finance, accounting and business.
If you’re still at university, you can also sign up through the ICAEW Student Scheme (USS).
• Work experience
To apply for the designation you will have to demonstrate 12 months’ work experience in a business and/or finance role. This will need to be properly signed off and you will need to you have acquired the essential business skills listed. If you don’t yet meet this requirement, you can still start your BFP student journey and complete your work experience at a later stage and before you apply for the designation.
• Ethics Learning Programme
Organisations value employees who have a solid understanding of ethics. With this online programme, you will get to grips with our ethical framework and practise how you would respond to an ethical situation. This means that as a BFP, you will be able to demonstrate compliance with an internationally recognised Code of Ethics.
What are the requirements?
In addition to the prestige associated with the BFP designation, ICAEW Business and Finance Professionals also have access to a wide range of resources to support them in their personal and professional development. Here is an overview of what is included:
• The designatory letters BFP: Using these can help you demonstrate your status and recognition from a membership organisation.
• Management and personal development resources: Online and interactive resources from the Chartered Management Institute on management and personal development theory.
• Business and finance refresher: An A-Z of reference materials covering a wide range of finance, accounting and business topics.
• Microsoft Excel training and community: A suite of online Excel training modules, a personalised training plan, model spreadsheets and video tutorials.
• Your chosen technical specialism: Tailored technical content that’s most relevant to your current job or chosen future career.
• Helplines: One-to-one, free and confidential help from ICAEW’s technical advisory and ethics helplines, as well as support from ICAEW’s library research team. • Newsletters: Business, finance and accountancy news
• Lifestyle discounts and offers: A range of discounts and offers from high street and online retailers.